- Tal Izraeli - What was your very first job?
- Tal Izraeli - When did you know you wanted to be a lawyer?
- Tal Izraeli - Tell us about a mentor of yours and what you have learned from this person
2 North LaSalle Street Suite 1300
Chicago, Illinois 60602
- Tal's Insights
Tal Izraeli is a member of Levenfeld Pearlstein's Real Estate Group. Tal represents investors, developers, borrowers, and lenders in connection with commercial real estate matters, including acquisitions, dispositions, leasing, real estate financing and mezzanine financing. Tal regularly represents clients in connection with drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, loan documents, leases, investment entity structuring, and the sellers and buyers of distressed real estate loans.
Tal recognizes the diversity of obstacles that his clients face throughout the life of any deal. No two businesses or clients are the same, and in order to offer viable solutions and meaningful counsel, Tal works to first establish an understanding of how his clients run their businesses. With that background, he can determine where and when his input is most valuable and offer creative alternatives to help his clients make informed decisions for their businesses. At difficult critical points throughout a deal, Tal will present specific options for his clients to consider and approaches problem-solving in ways that will minimize and manage the potential risks. Tal understands how much is at stake for the people he works with and treats their priorities as his own. He also believes that decency and professionalism have a place even in demanding and high stakes business transactions.
Tal also has extensive leasing experience on a national level and has represented both landlords and tenants in lease negotiations for office, industrial and retail space, due diligence and lease amendment and termination. He has represented large national retailers in the negotiation of retail and warehouse leases around the country. In addition, Tal has represented corporate clients in connection with the negotiation and preparation of service agreements and related corporate matters.
Tal is also fluent in Hebrew.
- "Documenting the Acquisition of a Distressed Real Estate Loan (With Forms)," The Practical Real Estate Lawyer, January 2009
- "General Overview of Hotel Acquisitions in Illinois," Illinois State Bar Association Real Property Newsletter, Vol. 53, No. 7, January 2008
- "Protecting the Lender in Commercial Real Estate Transactions," (co-author) Commercial Real Estate, Illinois Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 2007
Bar Admissions: Illinois, 1999
Education: DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1999
John Marshall Law School, LLM, 2006
Michigan State University, B.A., 1994
Memberships: American Bar Association, Section on Real Property
Chicago Mortgage Attorney Association, President
Urban Land Institute